Military & Veteran Student Services

Welcome to the University of Northern Iowa Military & Veteran Student Services website. We pride ourselves on being a military-friendly campus where we serve to educate our nation’s finest. UNI provides support not only to military and veteran students, but also to military spouses and dependents who are using their spouse or parent(s) education benefits. 

Military and veteran student services members Military and veteran student services members

UNI Online Degrees

UNI offers graduate and undergraduate degrees, endorsements and certificates via distance learning. For more information, visit UNI Continuing Education.

Green Zone Training

Green Zone Training is for faculty, students and staff who wish to learn more about the military-affiliated student experience. Our goal is to train members of the UNI community to know more about the issues and concerns faced by military-affiliated students and to identify individuals who are available to support these students. These individuals are not expected to be experts who can “solve problems.” They are individuals who can lend a sympathetic ear and help the student veteran identify and connect with the appropriate resources. 

Military Friendly School '21-22 Silver

Military Friendly School '20-21

Military Friendly School Award

Military Advanced Education & Transition Top Colleges & Universities 2017